Speculation about tomb: sensational find electrifies Greece

"We can say with complete confidence that we won the presidency in the first round", Bukele was quoted as saying by his party on Twitter. He had prevailed against the entrepreneur Carlos Calleja (42) and former Foreign Minister Hugo Martínez (51) from the ruling National Liberation Front Farabundo Martí (FMLN).

A runoff election originally scheduled for March 10th should therefore no longer be necessary. The assumption of office is planned for June 1st. However, Bukele will have to rule without a majority in parliament: his party only has 11 of the 84 seats there.

Mexico City / Washington (dpa) – In the south of Mexico, the police stopped the caravan with thousands of migrants from Central America for the time being. Officials blocked the highway between the states of Chiapas and Oaxaca in the south of the country, the newspaper said "Milenio" reported.

T-Online.de/TV

Nursing home action causes a stir

Macron reports from quarantine with a video message

MPs reckon with sexism in the Bundestag

This building is way more famous than it looks

Instagram star dies after cosmetic surgery

Elephant cow gives birth – reaction of the herd amazes

US Vice President Pence vaccinated against Corona

NASA mission enables a first look inside Mars

These rules apply to your fireworks in the garden

Spahn asks for patience when distributing the vaccine

Strange beer appearance in the US Parliament

Suddenly there is no stopping the minister

Container use due to Corona causes a stir

Towing service has a bad surprise

Winter weather causes chaos on the US east coast

The aim is to explain the government’s offer of help to the migrants, said a police spokesman. Previously, Mexico’s government had offered support to the people of Central America. "We want you and all migrants to feel safe and secure"said President Enrique Peña Nieto on Friday in a video aimed at migrants. Central Americans should have access to health care, send their children to school and be allowed to work. Initially, however, the migrants rejected the offer.

Thousands of people from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala are currently marching through Mexico towards the USA. People are fleeing violence by youth gangs and the poor economic situation in the region. US President Donald Trump has already announced that he will not let them into the country.

Beijing attacks Australia: when will China hit "naked aggression" Germany?

The prerequisite for Mexico’s offer is that the migrants stay in the southern states of Chiapas and Oaxaca and apply for legal entry or asylum. "We know that you are looking for a chance, that you want to build a new home and a better future for your family and loved ones.to kill a mockingbird essay introduction paragraph Today Mexico shakes hands with you"said Peña Nieto.

He called on the members of the so-called migrant caravan to register and apply for a residence permit. "This program is only for those who abide by Mexican law"said the President.

According to the authorities, so far there have only been around 1,700 applications. Many Central Americans want to go to the US because they already have relatives there. In addition, they hope for better earning opportunities than in Mexico.

The Mexican police had previously taken dozens of migrants into custody in the south of the country. The authorities said they illegally crossed the Suchiate river between Guatemala and Mexico on Friday. According to official sources, they were taken to an immigration office in Tapachula city, where they can apply for asylum.

US President Trump had stressed several times that they had no chance of entering the United States. If necessary, the military should stop them at the border. Defense Secretary James Mattis granted border patrol assistance on Friday. According to the Pentagon, this involves logistical help such as erecting fences or transporting border guards. There are currently 2100 members of the National Guard at the border, who also provide logistical support for the border guards.

Trump has repeatedly made migrants a topic in the election campaign before the congressional elections and has greatly exaggerated the situation. He spoke of one "Attack on our land". Most recently, he also claimed that there were also people from the Middle East among the migrants and thus insinuated unfair motives for their march towards the USA. He did not provide any evidence for this.

The US president is reportedly considering one because of the group of migrants "national emergency" to declare and deny them asylum. It’s not clear whether that would be compatible with American or international law. The "New York Times" reported that Trump would set out his plans in a speech next Tuesday. That would be exactly a week before the important congressional elections.

An impressive floor mosaic is the latest discovery by archaeologists investigating a large tomb from the time of Alexander the Great near Amphipolis in northern Greece. The Greek Ministry of Culture has now published photos of the 4.5 by 3 meter mosaic.

Sensational find in Greece

Photo series with 9 pictures

It shows a chariot with a bearded, wreathed man, followed by the messenger of the gods Hermes. Hermes is in the role of one "Soul guide"who accompanies the dead into the afterlife. The mosaic is damaged in the middle.

Burial chambers prove to be a treasury

It was found in the second of three burial chambers so far. According to archaeologists, the grave dates from the last quarter of the 4th century BC. Chr, so from the lifetime of Alexander the Great.

News of the day

left 1 2 right

Beijing attacks Australia when will China hit "naked aggression" Germany?. more
Confused tweet about cyber attack Trump defends Russians and accuses China. more
"Older people did not understand"MPs reckon with sexism in the Bundestag. more
For the first time, the Syrian government is bringing prisoner IS women back. more

Two sphinx statues and two larger-than-life marble caryatids were found at the entrances to the individual chambers in the past few months. These are women statues that serve as supports in architecture.

Riddle about buried not solved

Meanwhile, the great guesswork continues about the apparently high-standing dead who was buried in the tomb in ancient times.

The assumption is that a high officer from Alexander’s army or fleet was buried there, or a member of the Macedonian royal family. The mosaic supported the thesis that a man was buried there, it was said.

Speculation about the grave of Alexander the great

A few weeks ago, archaeologists made a spectacular find in the same place. A 500 meter long earth wall. The current excavations followed the previous one from an expert point of view "sensational discovery".

This find had sparked speculation that it might be a family grave of the legendary King Alexander the Great. The tabloid media then speculated whether his wife Roxane was buried in it. Only one thing is certain: Alexander himself is not buried there.

In the years around 300 BC In the region of Amphipolis historically significant events occurred between the generals of Alexander the Great. Kassander (Kassandos) – one of the so-called Diadochi – is said to have killed Alexander’s Persian wife Roxane and his son Alexander IV. 

Speculation about grave site: sensational find electrifies Greece

Alexander the Great died in 323 BC. In Babylon. His remains were never found. They are said to have first been buried in a mausoleum in Egypt. However, the traces of the grave have been lost since late antiquity. Explorers and archaeologists have reported in the past few decades that they had discovered the tomb in the Egyptian oasis of Siwa, in Alexandria, but also in Uzbekistan and even in northern Australia.

He wants more money for the army and police – that’s why the president of the South American country El Salvador has sent armed soldiers to parliament. He was sharply criticized internationally for this.

Heavily armed soldiers and police officers briefly occupied El Salvador’s parliament on Sunday. They escorted President Nayib Bukele and kept vigil when he burst into a parliamentary session and urged MPs to approve a loan of $ 109 million (around € 99.5 million). With the money he wants to better equip the military and the police for the fight against violent gangs.

"If these no-noses (the MEPs) do not approve the territorial control plan this week, we will call on them to meet again next Sunday"said Bukele, who had called for an extraordinary weekend session of parliament, in front of supporters in front of parliament.

The President of El Salvador, Nayib Bukele: He is demanding a loan of almost 100 million euros. (Source: Salvador Melendez / dpa)

The intrusion of armed soldiers into parliament – for the first time since the end of the civil war in El Salvador in 1992 – met with international criticism. "The deployment of the police and the military in parliament is a reminder of the darkest times in El Salvador’s history", wrote the human rights organization Amnesty International in the short message service Twitter. The European Union expressed "great concern" about the "confrontation" between the institutions in El Salvador.

President appeals to the population: Serious riots in Kazakhstan – eight dead Confirmed by the Supreme Court: Alleged CIA agent in Iran sentenced to death Islamists kill Pastor: Rebel attacks in Eastern Congo – death toll rises to 37

The Central American country with almost 6.5 million inhabitants is one of the most dangerous countries in the world. Last year, an average of 35.6 people per 100,000 population were violently killed. Most of the murders were gang related. Bukele, who wants to fight gang crime and corruption, won the election last February. The former mayor of the capital entered the race for the small conservative party Great Alliance of National Unity (GANA).

Sources used: AFP news agency

A diplomat has been taken into custody in France. The man is accused of having a "active" To be part of an ultra-right group. The group was apparently planning attacks against Muslims.

Investigations against a French diplomat have been opened for belonging to an ultra-right group that is said to have planned attacks on Muslims in France. The Frenchman, who had previously worked in the embassy in El Salvador, is accused of membership in a terrorist organization, as the newspaper reported on Thursday from investigative circles "Le Parisien" has been confirmed.

The proceedings against the diplomat were therefore opened in June. The man had been taken into custody in France by the domestic secret service DGSI, according to investigators. He was "not just a sympathizer", but a "active" Member of the far-right group Actions des forces opérationelles (AFO, Actions of the Operational Forces). In view of the allegations, the diplomat was suspended from duty.

Raid: Reich citizens threatened Steinmeier and Merkel "Northern eagle" wanted to build a Nazi idyll in the Harz MountainsWalter Lübcke: What we know about his murder

 

According to the information, preliminary proceedings against 13 AFO members had already been initiated in summer 2018 for the formation of a criminal terrorist organization. The group is committed to "against the Islamist danger" to fight and apparently planned attacks against Muslims. When the suspects’ homes were searched, firearms, ammunition and components of the TATP explosive were found. The leader of the group is said to have been a retired police officer.

Sources used: news agency afp

Washington / Huixtla (dpa) – The USA has asked thousands of migrants from Central America marching towards its southern border to return and categorically excluded entry.

T-Online.de/TV

Nursing home action causes a stir

Macron reports from quarantine with a video message

MPs reckon with sexism in the Bundestag

This building is way more famous than it looks

Instagram star dies after cosmetic surgery

Elephant cow gives birth – reaction of the herd amazes

US Vice President Pence vaccinated against Corona

NASA mission enables a first look inside Mars

These rules apply to your fireworks in the garden

Spahn asks for patience when distributing the vaccine

Strange beer appearance in the US Parliament

Suddenly there is no stopping the minister

Container use due to Corona causes a stir

Towing service has a bad surprise

Winter weather causes chaos on the US east coast

"You will not succeed in entering our country illegally"said US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Washington on Tuesday (local time). He called on the Mexican government to stop the people. US President Donald Trump also gave the migrants no hope: "I won’t let her in. You’re not coming in."

According to the US Department of Homeland Security, not only are Central Americans on their way to the US, but also people from Africa, South Asia and the Middle East. Trump had previously also claimed that strangers from the Middle East had mixed with the group.

Beijing attacks Australia: when will China hit "naked aggression" Germany?

However, the UN refugee agency UNHCR says it has no evidence of this. And Trump also had to admit on Tuesday, when asked by reporters, that he had no evidence to support his claim. "But it could very well be"he said in the White House. At an event that evening, Trump reiterated his threat to deploy the US military on the border with Mexico.

Thousands of migrants stopped in the southern Mexican city of Huixtla on Tuesday on their way to the US border. The women, men and children gathered in the main town square to recharge their batteries for the march.